|Location: Weymouth, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence, Electronics||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Joe Tomkins||Job Published: 21 days ago|
Senior Buyer required for a globally recognised defence / electronics manufacturing company who are based in Weymouth.
My client are looking for a Senior Buyer to be responsible for the day to day line management of the purchasing team. Ideally candidates will have experience working as a Buyer within an electronics company.
Salary for this position will be discussed further upon application. All candidates must be eligible for Security Clearance.
Benefits for Senior Buyer:
- Flexible working
- Health and dental care
- Matched pension
- & many more!
Experience & Qualifications Needed for Senior Buyer:
- Must be adept with reviewing, manipulation and analysis of data, able to draw conclusions and express these in an open manner.
- MCIPS qualified or working towards
- Good working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems and Microsoft Office applications
- A strong understanding of general business principles, able to balance risk and reward
- Experience within a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Self-motivated with an ability and desire to understand the wider business context
- Strong organisational and administrative skills, able to re-prioritise tasks as required to meet dynamic business objectives.
Key Responsibilities for Senior Buyer position:
- Prepare and coordinate supplier performance and development reviews and activities.
- Identify, propose and, where authorised, revise and implement improvement opportunities
- Prepare and conduct tendering processes with suppliers, negotiating to conclusion and contract award.
- Support to the Purchasing Manager on strategic business goals and wider group Procurement community
- Prepare, review and disseminate business unit purchasing data
- Prepare and report departmental KPIs as required
- Delegation of purchasing activities within the team and monitoring of progress
- Day to day line management and supervision of purchasing team.
- Support other departments and colleagues where required in explaining and promoting purchasing values and benefits.
To apply for this exciting permanent Senior Buyer opportunity please press 'apply now'.