|Location: Avonmouth, Bristol||Salary: £60000 - £65000 per annum + package|
|Sector: Construction, Commercial||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Matthew Clegg|
Senior Quantity Surveyor
£60k to £65k + package
I have a really exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a top tier main contractor at a specialist, purpose built facility near to Bristol supporting construction works at Hinkley Point C. The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be joining a busy, professional team using modern construction processes and techniques and some of the UK's largest lifting equipment to design, manufacture and transport large RC structures. If you're looking for an opportunity to work on the high profile HPC project whilst having the career opportunities and job security of working for a top tier main contractor, then this is for you.
As the Senior Quantity Surveyor, you'll be working closely with the Commercial Lead and a number of more junior surveyors on pre & post contract duties. Your duties will include:
- Ensuring the commercial function is carried out in accordance with company policies & standards
- Take responsibility for the development of more junior surveyors and the growth of their careers, acting as a mentor and providing advice and guidance where required
- Contribute to the management and maintenance of the contract to ensure the projects are inline with budgets
- Work closely with the design team, estimating, site teams and others involved with the programme
Alongside the fantastic long term career opportunities, the chance to utilise modern construction processes and machinery unavailable to normal projects, there's also a fantastic ongoing training programme and a competitive package that includes:
- Starting salary of £65,000
- Car allowance of £4,800
- 25 Days annual leave
- Private healthcare
- Contributory Pension
- Yearly pay & performance reviews
Senior Quantity Surveyors considering this opportunity will need to have a solid working knowledge of NEC construction contracts, excellent communication skills and commercial experience at pre & post contract stages of construction projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor living in or around Bristol keen on working on the HPC project without the hassle of commuting to Bridgewater on a daily basis.